Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Red Knight slooooooooooowly coming along



Slow (and not terribly steady) progress being made on the red knight painting. It's turning out more purple and gold than I originally had in mind though. But here's to hoping that will make the intended red foreground pop more. It's in that stage where I don't know if I like it or not, but that's when I just need to keep plowing on.




Unfortunately, I'm going to have to take a break on this probably in the next few days. The graphic designer working on my next Dreamscapes book has gotten back to me about cover concepts, and I need to get that one done first. Deadlines have precedence over Personal Projects. Here's the initial rough sketch:

Still waiting on feedback from the designers though, so until then I can keep plugging away at the Red Knight. Generally I like working on only one painting at a time. Dividing my energy just gets me really anxious; especially when I'm right about at a point in a painting when I'm uncertain about the colors and I really need to push past that difficult stage.

4 comments:

  1. The Red Knight looks fantastic Steph! ...love sentinel figure standing in a port hole to another dimension ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ms. Stephanie. The painting looks amazing so far. I cannot wait to see the finished piece. Your work is an inspiration to me. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have any idea when the book will be out? I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is either Christmas, or else early next year. But I don't know for sure what Impact's schedule of release is currently.

    ReplyDelete